Cornell College school code for the FAFSA: 001856
We've compiled some FAFSA tips for you and created a playlist to keep you going while you fill out the FAFSA.
- You'll complete your FAFSA on the FAFSA website. You'll need to create a FSA ID if you haven't already. Make sure to keep your user ID and password handy when filing your FAFSA because you will use that information as your "electronic signature".
- You will use prior, prior year tax information when filing the FAFSA. For example: use 2018 tax information for the 2020-2021 FAFSA for students entering college in Fall 2020.
- Add the Cornell College school code (001856) to your FAFSA before you submit it.
- Complete your FAFSA before March 1 to avoid any delays in your financial assistance award.
- You'll receive your Student Aid Report (SAR), which outlines your family contribution. If there are any errors, correct them on the FAFSA website.
- If you have any special circumstances not reflected in your FAFSA that you'd like us to consider, tell us about them by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling us at 1.877.579.4049.
- Avoid the most common mistakes people make when filing their FAFSA.
- Watch a step-by-step demonstration that includes helpful tips on how to file your FAFSA.
Remember, if you haven't completed your Cornell College application for admission yet, we cannot process your financial aid.