2013-2014 Cornell LEADS Application
For information about Cornell LEADS, click here.
The Cornell leadership series, sponsored by the Berry Center, will consist of these components:
- kick-off event to talk about this year’s program and meet other program participants (Thursday, October 17, 2013, 3:15 p.m.-4:15 p.m.)
- leadership seminar led by former Cornell president Les Garner (Tuesday, October 29, 2013, 3:15 p.m.-5:45 p.m.)
- panel discussion with leaders from the eastern Iowa community (Winter 2014)
- visit to Chicago, IL to meet with leaders in a variety fields, from business and public policy, to the arts and entertainment (April 9-11, 2014)
- Senior, Junior, and Sophomore students from all majors are encouraged to apply, unless you have previously participated in the LEADS program.
- This is a competitive application process, only 20 students will be accepted.
- Students must provide a short letter of recommendation from a member of the faculty or staff. These should be emailed from the letter writer directly to Jamie Waldron. (A paragraph in length is sufficient.)
- The deadline to apply is Monday, October 7th at Noon.
- Preference is given to candidates who have attended the information session at 12:00 p.m. on October 2nd in Hedges Conference Room.
- Selected students will be notified via email.
- Selection of students will made by the Berry Center Operations Committee. They will look to create a group of participants from diverse academic backgrounds and class years.
- All expenses for participation in the program will be paid by the Berry Center.