In general, College personnel are available to provide service for anything that is college-owned. You will receive fastest service if you direct your concern to the right department. Please review this list to see which category might be the most appropriate for your concern. If after reviewing this list you are still uncertain about how best to proceed, please contact your resident assistant (RA) or assistant director of Residence Life.
- Call Campus Safety at (319) 895-4299 (or x4299 from an on-campus telephone). Examples of emergency situations include fire, flood, natural gas odor, broken glass, etc..
Non-emergency or routine maintenance issues in your room or in a common area
- All repair requests for items not mentioned below should be submitted to your RA. If there is an issue in your room, please report it to the RA on your floor or the RA who is on duty in the evening. If you cannot find an RA, you can also contact Campus Safety at (319) 895-4299 (or x4299 from an on-campus telephone). Examples of routine maintenance issues include non-working lights, clogged sinks or toilets, heating concerns, etc.
- Refer to our information on cable television to see a channel line-up and to report any issues or concerns.
Refer to our information on heat to ensure you have taken all necessary steps before requesting assistance.
- Refer to our information on Internet services to see minimum system requirements and for instructions to report an issue.
- Refer to our information on laundry services to report a non-functioning washer or dryer.
- Refer to our information on telephone service for instructions on receiving or placing telephone calls or to report any issues or concerns.
- Refer to our information on vending machines to request a refund or to report a non-functioning vending machine.