Tarr Hall (1965)History
Tarr Hall, named for Edith Vosburgh Tarr, a graduate of the Academy in 1903 and the mother of three Cornell graduates, was originally a women's residence, but in September 1971 became a men's hall (see Pauley Hall). In the Fall of 2009, Tarr became a co-ed residence hall.
Located in the “tri-hall area” of campus, Tarr is home to approximately 75 first-year students. Tarr Hall is great for students who want an environment that is not only conducive to socializing, but conducive to learning. The residents of Tarr value their citizenship and conduct within the community. There is great mutual respect for one another among the residents, as well as respect for the hall environment and facilities. Many of our campus leaders come from Tarr and choose it as their home in the beginning of their career at Cornell.
Photos of Tarr