Registration at Cornell takes place online through the Cornell Registration System.
First Year students register for blocks 2-4 during Orientation and for blocks 5-8 on October 20-31, 2014.
- Specific instructions for Blocks 2-4 Registration can be found here.
All students register for the next academic year during February 23 - March 20th, 2015.
- Specific instructions for Spring Registration can be found here.
- Cornell Registration System and Cornell Registration System Instructions
- Registration Steps and Worksheet (General Sample)
- Academic Plan (Log in, Click Register, then click Academic Plan)
- Use the Academic Plan for checking your progress on General Education Requirements. Academic Plan Instructions
- Use the Majors/Minors checklists for detailed major/minor requirements.
- BA requirements (students who started at Cornell PRIOR to 2012)
- BA requirements (students who started at Cornell AFTER 2012)
- All Add/Drops take place online with the exception of the first three days of the block and during the Accommodation period.
- Students needing to Add/Drop a course during the first three days of the block, will need to turn in a paper Add/Drop form with signatures from both professors (from the class they are dropping and the class they are adding) and their advisor.
- To Add/Drop a class (when it is not the first three days of the block) students should use the online registration system. Instructions can be found here.
- Exceptions are if students are wishing to add/drop a course that is currently full and they have received permission from the instructor to go over cap. Or if a student is wishing to add an internship, independent study, or vacation block.
Accommodation: Accommodation for students with No Course(s) will be held online through the Cornell Registration System.
- Students with No Course(s) will be given access to the Registration System to add courses on a specific day about 1-2 weeks following the close of the registration period. During this time the online add/drop system will not work for students without a No Course.
- Instructions can be found here.
- This is a first come first serve basis.