Transfer Student Information
As a part of the fall transfer student experience, we invite all transfer students to partake in New Student Orientation. You will find yourself placed in a group with other transfer students, who will be adjusting to college life at Cornell College. Throughout New Student Orientation, you will partake in several activities which will help you to learn more about Cornell and the experiences you can anticipate having on campus. In relation to your academic success, you will:
- meet with your faculty advisor;
- attend a Blockbuster session, which is a mini-class designed around a specific topic; and,
- participate in the One Book discussion.
In addition to these academic experiences, you will also attend sessions to help you with your success on campus related to other student services, including:
- tours of the library;
- a transfer student-only meeting with our academic advisor and registrar;
- ways to get involved and how to succeed in relation to career-engagement; and
- additional discussions to help with being successful on campus.
Beginning this year, transfer students are invited to join together for lunch on the first Monday of each block to talk with one another about their experiences at Cornell. Save the date for these lunches, scheduled from 12-1 in the Private Dining Room, which will be pointed out during New Student Orientation. Dates for these gatherings are: September 1, September 30, October 28, November 25, January 13, February 10, March 17, and April 13.
We look forward to having you arrive on campus in August! Please make sure to fill out the forms on your personal checklist between now and then. If you have additional questions, please contact Gwen Schimek at gschimek (at) cornellcollege.edu.