Phi Alpha Delta Law Fraternity, International
Cornell College is one of three schools in the state of Iowa to have an undergraduate chapter of the Phi Alpha Delta Law Fraternity, International. Chartered in 2005, the pre-law chapter allows students to learn about the legal profession, practice professional skills such as networking and dining etiquette, engage in community service, and develop a fraternal bond with fellow chapter members.
Activities of the Cornell College pre-law chapter have included:
- Creation of the bi-monthly "Lunch with a Lawyer" program
- Co-sponsorship of the "Networking for the Legal Profession" workshop
- Attendance at Inns of Court
- Co-sponsorship of the What (Not) To Wear fashion show with the Business Interest Group
- Co-sponsorship of the Malpractice Social with the Health Professions Society
- Fundraising for Special Olympics Iowa's Polar Plunge
- Completing community service by adopting a highway
- Hosting showings of "The Paper Chase" and "Legally Blonde"
- Coordinating chapter dinners in Cedar Rapids and barbecues around Mount Vernon
- Co-sponsorship of annual Constitution Day activities