- Ambulance 9+911
- Fire 9+911
- Police - EMERGENCY 9+911
- Police - Non-emergency 9 + 895-6141
- Residence Life (DAY) 4113
- Security, 24 hours DAY/NIGHT 333
To use the security phones
- Open the enclosed case.
- Press the "On" button to hear a dial tone.
- There are three ways to call:
- If you want to report an emergency, press 9 + 911.
- If you want to reach Campus Security, press the red button.
- Press the 4-digit extension for campus calls.
- Bowman Patio - 7852
- Commons North Entrance - 7882
- Dows North Entrance - 7854
- Harlan House - 7855
- Maintenance D Lot - 7864
- Merner East Entrance - 5100
- Norton Parking Lot - 7863
- Olin North Entrance - 7856
- Olin South - 7858
- Pauley/Rorem Main Entrance - 7857
- Pfeiffer North Entrance - 7853
- Rood Main House Entrance - 7860
- Rood Parking Lot - 7865
- Ash Park East Sports - 7883
- Ash Park West Sports - 7884
- Tarr North Entrance - 7851
- West Science Main Entrance - 7861
- 8th Ave West Building Driveway Side - 7862
- 10th Ave - 7859
Chaplain - Catherine Quehl-Engel 4402
Dean of Students - John Harp 4234
Director of Counseling Services - Brenda Lovstuen 4292
For emergency counseling, call:
Abbe Mental Health Center 9 + 398-3562
Foundation II Crisis Line 9 + 362-2174
If you need to call for an emergency, please stay calm and provide as much information (location of the building, the floor, the room number, the nature of the emergency and a number where they can call back) to the emergency dispatchers as possible.
Trouble on campus
During the DAY or NIGHT - Call Campus Security at 333
Fire, unconscious, broken bones, bleeding, effected by drugs, alcohol
- DAY or NIGHT - Call 9 + 911.
- Give the dispatcher the town we are located in (Mt. Vernon), the building or residence hall where the life-threatening situation is occurring, and the floor and room number (if known) where this is occurring.
Non life-threatening situations
Flu, fever, sick
During the DAY or NIGHT - Call the Assistant Director (AD) for your
residence hall or your Resident Assistant (RA).
Campus Security 333 Non-emergency Situation
- Sometimes the Security Cell Phone can't be reached because of the officer's location. If so, try again in three to five minutes. If this is an emergency, press 9-911.