Outbound Fax Service
Set up a dialing plan for your computer
Note: these dialing rules are not the same as Cornell typical dialing settings.
- Click on the Start button, select Control Panel, then Phone and Modem.
- Please set this fields.
- What country are you in now? United States
- What area code are you in now? 319
- If you need to specify a carrier code, what is it? Leave this field blank
- If you have to dial a number to access an outside, what is it? Leave this field blank
- The phone system at this location uses? Tone dialing
- Click OK twice.
To send a fax with Windows Fax and Scan
- Click the Start button, click All Programs, and then click Windows Fax and Scan.
- On the toolbar, click Tools, then select Fax Accounts and click Add.
- On the Fax Setup page, select Connect to a fax server on my network.
- Type the fax server location \\fax1 and click Next.
- Choose a fax server name. We recommend Cornell-Outbound-Fax, then click Done.
- On the toolbar, click New Fax.
- You may receive a Windows Security Alert that “Windows Firewall has blocked some features of this program”. Please check all three boxes and click Allow access.
- When you're finished creating your fax, click Send.
- To fax more than one recipient at the same time, type multiple fax numbers in the To box and separate them with semicolons. You can also pick recipients from your Windows Contacts folder by clicking To, and then double-clicking each contact. Make sure to save your recipients' fax numbers in the contact information.
- To view more information about the progress of the fax, including whether it was sent or received successfully, click View details in the Fax Status Monitor.
- To learn how to create your own fax cover page, see Create or edit a fax cover page.
If you have any questions or experience any issues, please submit a work order at this site:http://www.cornellcollege.edu/information-technology/