The Thomas Commons Sign Posting Policy
The following is the policy developed at the Information Desk
- ALL SIGNS MUST BE APPROVED AND STAMPED BEFORE POSTING
- Everyone who wishes to create/post a sign must have a sponsor (i.e. an office or organization that is recognized by Student Senate) and make reference to the sponsoring office or organization (i.e. “PAAC PRESENTS . . .” or “Arrow Garage Sale . . .”)
- Individual students wishing to post a sign in the case of a special circumstance (other than birthdays) are subject to approval/denial by the Facilities Coordinator, and/or Director of Student Life; such signs must include specific and complete contact information when applicable. The length of posting will be the same as a birthday sign.
- All signs will remain posted for one week or until the event is over, whichever comes first;
- Permanent signs for sanctioned organizations may remain posted during the school year, as long as information is kept up to date and upon approval by the, Facilities Coordinator, and/or Director of Student Life.
- NO SIGNS WILL BE POSTED ON THE COMMONS GLASS DOORS/DOORS TO SODEXHO OR IN THE AREA OF THE MAIL BOXES
- No sign will advertise alcohol unless given prior approval from the Dean of Students, Director of Student Life, or Director of Student Activities. No sign can be profane, or imply profanity. The Information Desk reserves the right to remove signs posted in violation of this (or any) guideline
Orange Carpet Banners
- Orange Carpet banners will not be more than 72 inches long (banners should not hang past the wall); signs posted horizontally are subject to space availability and may be re/moved in the event of overcrowding
- Each student organization is allowed two signs simultaneously on the OC. One double signs = two signs on the OC
- Birthday signs will remain posted for one day
- Offices and organizations recognized by Student Senate may post up to six signs
- Off-campus groups may leave a sign that we will post on our off-campus board.
- Employment ads will be referred to the Career Engagement Office
- For sale signs, only one may be posted on the For Sale Board across from the Info Desk, please date.
All posting decisions are ultimately at the discretion of the Associate Dean of Students or his/her designee.