Technical Services Supervisor
The Russell D. Cole Library invites applications for the position of technical services supervisor. Cole Library is unique in that it is a collaborative setting which serves as a public library to the Mount Vernon community, as well as a college library for the students of Cornell College. This position is responsible for managing the library’s acquisitions program which includes developing and supervising the operational procedures for ordering, receiving, and processing library materials. This position also manages the interlibrary loan process, including training and supervision of students and coordinating policy review, and catalogs library materials. This is a full-time, year round position.
- Supervises pre-order searching and orders. Initiates correspondence relating to orders, returns, and other matters related to publishers and distributors.
- Manages the interlibrary loan department. Trains and supervises student employees. Corresponds with borrowers and lending institutions. Coordinates policy review.
- Catalogs library materials.
- Manages standing orders program and processes related invoices for payment.
- Supervises processing of all library materials for circulation, except serials. This includes editing records on OCLC and the library’s online system and training and supervising student employees.
- Maintains the acquisitions module of the library automation program; enters data and monitors funds.
- Collects and distributes incoming and outgoing mail.
- Develops a general awareness of all aspects of the library to provide at least minimal assistance in all areas of the library program.
- Provides support for the Information Desk through limited staffing.
High school diploma or equivalent required, bachelor’s degree preferred. One year of related experience, ideally in a library, is required.
Send resume, letter of application and contact information for three references to:
Vickie Farmer, Director of Human Resources
Email (preferred): email@example.com
Mail: Cornell College
Attn: Human Resources
600 First Street SW
Mount Vernon, IA 52314
Cornell is an AA/EO employer and encourages applications from women and minorities. Cornell complies with Iowa’s Smoke Free Air Act.