This virtual exhibit was compiled and designed by:
Launched: November 22, 2006
With the generous help of:
Margaret Weiting - Executive Director of Johnson County Historical Society
Don Roberts and John Huston
Johnson County Historical Society
Johnson County Board of Supervisors
- Articles written for interpretation for the Johnson County Historical Society
- Fore, Opal M. CARE FOR THE MENTALLY ILL IN JOHNSON COUNTY. Presented at the Women's Club in Solon, IA. November 18, 1965
- Photographs taken by John Huston and Don Roberts for the University of Iowa. Winter 1963.
- An interview with Don Roberts. November 14, 2006. Iowa City, IA
- Photographs taken by Kelly Hughes for Cornell College. November 2006.
- Aurner, Clarence Ray. Leading Events in Johnson County, Iowa, History (Cedar Rapids: Western Histoical Press, 1912-13) pp. 632-639.
- Report written by the Division of Historical Preservation.
- Articles written by Linda Hartmann of The Press-Citizen and interpreted by the Johnson County Historical Society.
-Article written by Verne Kelley Ph.D., ACSW, LSW, Executive Director of Mid-Eastern Iowa Community Health Center.
-Definitions from dictionary.com.
- Report written by Barbara M. Rohland, M.D., Director and Asst Professor. Department of Psychiatry. Univeristy of Iowa College of Medicine. Organization of Mental Health Services in Iowa for Persons with Serious Mental Illness. Iowa Consortium for Mental Health Services. Training and Research. Oct, 1996.
For questions or comments, please contact Catherine Stewart