Forms for Deposited Students
Students that have submitted their enrollment deposit to Cornell will be notified through the NSO checklist directing them to complete all or some of the following forms. If you are unsure of what forms you need to complete, please review the NSO checklist or contact of Office of Financial Assistance.
Federal Direct Student Loans
If you plan on borrowing the federal direct stafford loans that were offered to you as part of your financial assistance award, you must complete tjhe following:
- Direct Loan Master Promissory Note – student complete online at https://studentloans.gov/myDirectLoan/index.action. Under “Manage My Direct Loan” sign in using your FAFSA four digit PIN number. Once you are signed in, please choose “Complete Master Promissory Note” for Subsidized/Unsubsidized Direct Loan.
- Direct Loan Entrance Counseling – student complete online at https://studentloans.gov/myDirectLoan/index.action. Under “Manage My Direct Loan” sign in using your FAFSA four digit PIN number. Once you are signed in, please choose “Complete Entrance Counseling”.
Perkins, McElroy or Sherman Loan
- Promissory Note - student complete online at www.ecsi.net/prom21. You will need your federal PIN to sign this paperwork. The website will lead you through all necessary steps for completion.
Electronic Notification & Authorization: All incoming students must read Cornell's Electronic Notification policy.
- Please go to http://www.cornellcollege.edu/financial-assistance/forms-resources/electronic-notification-policy.shtml to acknowledge that you have read the policy
- Please download the form at http://www.cornellcollege.edu/financial-assistance/pdfs/workstudy_app.pdf complete and return to our office by mail, fax or email.
Cornell Outside Scholarship Form: This form must be printed and completed ONLY if you are receiving outside scholarships.
- Please download the form at http://www.cornellcollege.edu/financial-assistance/pdfs/Outside-Scholarship-Form.pdf complete and return to our office by mail, fax or email.
Final High School Transcript: Please contact your High School Guidance Office and have them send your final High School transcript directly to the Admission Office.
Credit Based Loan:
If you have decided to pay your balance due the college through either a Federal Parent PLUS loan, or a Private Alternative Loan, please complete the required forms related to the loan option you will be utilizing.
Federal Direct Parent PLUS Loan
To apply for a Parent PLUS Loan please complete the application and master promissory note
on the Department of Education website.
Once on the studentloans.gov site, the parent will sign in using the parent Federal PIN, in the Manage My Direct Loan box.
Next, you will select the Start PLUS Application Process. You will select Parent PLUS Loan as the loan type.
Once you have completed the application and master promissory note, we will be notified electronically,
and will process your Federal Direct PLUS Loan. Please be sure to indicate the dollar amount you would like to borrow on the application.
When calculating the dollar amount you would like to borrow, please keep in mind there is a 4.288% origination fee associated with the loan.
For additional information about private loan options please visit http://www.cornellcollege.edu/private-loan
You will be able to access our preferred lender list from this site.
Once on the preferred lender list you may compare the various lenders products and complete the private loan application.
Contact the Financial Assistance Office to answer any questions you may have.