Expectations of Selected Applicants
Applicants selected for this extraordinary opportunity will be expected to:
- Consult with a health provider regarding the recommended immunizations and travel preparations prior to the trip. Travel consultations and immunizations are available through Student Health Services during the academic year. You may also use a community based provider.
- Communicate with students who participated in past trips to prepare and share information.
- Attend the Dimensions pre-trip orientation meeting(s) which will include expectations concerning personal conduct throughout the trip.
- Review, sign and submit a Cornell College travel liability release form.
- Provide feedback to the Dimensions Operations Committee about their experience and respond to questions from fellow students who have interest in future trips
- Write a paper on an educational topic of their choice in relation to their Operation Walk experience.
- Co-present a workshop for current students (with your fellow trip participant) which highlights your experience.
Please direct all questions to Julie Barnes.
For more information on Operation Walk itself, go to www.operationwalk.org.