Make an Appointment
The Counseling Center is open from 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., M-F, with extended hours available Tuesday. Appointments are preferred; walk-ins are on a space available basis and are generally not available.
Call 895-4292, or stop by the front desk at Ebersole to make an appointment.
You can email us with questions about our services or comments about our website, but we do not schedule appointments via email because email is not considered a confidential communication. Additionally, staff members may not check e-mail with regularity or frequency, and do not access email outside of Counseling Center hours. For the most timely and confidential communication, or to schedule an appointment, please call the Counseling Center at 895-4292.
Counseling Center Services
Our Services Include:
- Short-term, confidential individual and couple counseling for Cornell students.
- Support groups on diverse concerns. Group topics and meetings times are determined by student interest.
- Educational programs to enhance human development.
- Consultations to parents, faculty, staff, and administrators.
- Referrals for long-term therapy, specialized therapy, and medication. Check out our Guide to Receiving Off-Campus Mental Health Services.
- Referrals for emergency and inpatient mental health services.
- A resource library of educational information and videos.
- Light therapy for Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD). Light therapy is a free, self-service resource available during office hours in the Counseling Center lobby. Information about SAD and light therapy is located next to the light therapy box. Read about light therapy online (excerpts from this web book are available by the light therapy box). *Please note that light therapy is not recommended for individuals with bipolar disorder (aka manic depression).
- Online Mental Health & Anxiety Screening
These free screenings are made available to all Cornell students and are taken anonymously. The screenings are provided so that you may find out--in a matter of minutes--whether or not professional consultation would be helpful to you.
- Online Mental Health Screening
This link offers online screenings for depression, bipolar disorder (aka manic depression), anxiety and post-traumatic stress disorder (aka PTSD), alcohol, and eating disorders.
- Online Anxiety Screening
This online screening is for anxiety disorders, including generalized anxiety, social anxiety, post-traumatic stress, obsessive-compulsive disorder, and panic disorder, as well as depression.
- Online Mental Health Screening
- Stress Free Room
The Stress Free Room, which will open December 3, includes a biofeedback computer program, books and brochures on healthy ways to manage stress and anxiety, relaxing music CDs, a recliner chair with a back massager, and more. Starting December 3 you may make an appointment to use the room online, by calling the Counseling Center (319-895-4292), or in person at Ebersole.
Note: The services of the Counseling Center are separate from any other student records. Information revealed in counseling sessions is confidential, except in cases of imminent danger or where otherwise mandated by law, or when permission is granted to release information.