Open Field Submission Guidelines
Creative Writing Submissions
- All creative writing submissions will be considered for awards in the Department of English.
- Email up to 15 pages of creative writing as an attachment to OpenFieldSubmissions@gmail.com.
- Please include two attachments:
- A single Word document with all submitted work. All work will be judged anonymously. PLEASE DO NOT PUT YOUR NAME ANYWHERE IN THE DOCUMENT.
- A cover sheet with your name, campus address, phone, the title and first line of each submission, and a biography for the contributors page. Your bio may be as serious or humorous as you please.
- Put all submitted works in a single Word document, starting each piece with title on the first line of a new page.
- Use 12-point font.
- Prose should be double-spaced.
- Poetry can be single-spaced. Format your lines as you would like them formatted in the journal.
- Your submission may not exceed 15 pages.
- Email high resolution (minimum 500 pixels wide) digital black-and-white files in .PNG format to OpenFieldSubmissions@gmail.com.
- If available, include a color version of your art for consideration for the cover.
- There is no limit on the number of art submissions.
- If you need help documenting your art work, contact Glenn Freeman or Mark Mayer.
- Attach a Word document cover sheet with your name, campus address, phone, a title for and thumbnail of the submission, and a biography for the contributors page. Your bio may be as serious or humorous as you please.
THE SUBMISSION DEADLINE FOR THE 2013-14 OPEN FIELD IS 5 PM, THURSDAY, JANUARY 6.
Editor: Talitha Bennett
Assistant Editors: Hallie Koontz and Sheldon Gaskell
Art Editor: Jacob Luplow