Who Studies at Cornell ?
Students come to Cornell College from nearly every state and more than 20 nations. Their academic interests range from acting to molecular biology, from English to statistics. Outside of class, they choose organized activities as diverse as chess and belly dancing, tutoring and campus governance.
For all their differences, though, Cornell students share a common bond: they’re driven by a passion for learning and an adventuresome spirit. That is why they choose Cornell, where they can immerse themselves in one course—and one extraordinary experience—at a time.
Cornell students are also very bright and talented. Here are a few stats on the Class of 2016:
- 38% rank in the top 10% of their high school class.
- 66% rank in the top 25% of their high school class.
- 14% of students are from Iowa.
- 29% of entering students are students of color.
- 7% are international students.