Cole Library (1957)
This light-filled building was named in honor of Cornell's ninth president, Russell David Cole. Extensive remodeling was finished in 1995 and today the library has a classic look blended with modern information technology.
The mission of the library is to engage students in exploring ideas and using information effectively. To that end, librarians provide point-of-need instruction to students in collaboration with teaching faculty through the Center for Teaching and Learning. The library's resources include more than 120,000 volumes, an extensive serials collection, and a suite of online databases to provide information to support Cornell's curriculum.