Law Hall Technology Center (1925)
Law Memorial Hall, opened in 1925, was the unlikely gift of Marion Law, a Mount Vernonite who attended Cornell for two years and became a minister on the East Coast. Walking the campus as a Cornell preparatory student in 1885, Law dreamed of erecting a building honoring a mother and father who had sacrificed so much to educate their seven children.
In his last years in the ministry, a parishioner left him a large sum of money. He gave $75,000 to finance Law Memorial Hall of Geology and Biology and the college raised another $40,000 to build a wing for physics.
In 1980 Law Hall was entered on the National Register of Historic Places. When it was restored in 1999-2000, the college maintained the building's historic character. The $6.4 million project was funded almost entirely by Cornell's Board of Trustees with lead gifts from the estate of Edna Nelson Rathman '27 and trustees Richard Small '50 and Norma Thomas Small (honorary alumna and trustee); Neil Eckles '62 and Susan Stockey-Eckles; and James McWethy '65 and Susan McWethy.
Law Hall Technology Center is now the technology hub of campus, housing the college's servers and computing services offices, as well as the Math, Psychology and Computer Science departments and institutional research office.